17 Feb 2014 – Environmental Respect State Award – Growers Ag Service, Yuba City
Twenty one top farm supply retail businesses have been selected as Environmental Respect Award state winners.
Willoughby, OH (PRWEB) April 28, 2014
Twenty one top farm supply retail businesses have been selected as Environmental Respect Award state winners in the United States for 2014. The winners are (alphabetized by state):
- Wilbur-Ellis Marlette, MI
- Crop Production Services Milton, NY
- New Century FS Grinnell, IA
- Ceres Solutions LLP Clay City, IN
- Harvest Land Cooperative Morgan, MN
- Crop Production Services Paris, MO
- South Central FS, Inc. Flora, IL
- Crop Production Services Kinston, AL
- Helena Chemical Company Wynne, AR
- Crop Production Services Immokalee, FL
- Crop Production Services Sylvester, GA
- Crop Production Services Houston, MS
- Crop Production Services Trenton, NC
- Crop Production Services Boyce, LA
- Helena Chemical Company Mason, TN
- Crop Production Services Oberlin, KS
- South Dakota Wheat Growers Oakes, ND
- Crop Production Services Taylor, TX
- Valley Agronomics Greenleaf, ID
- The McGregor Company Creston, WA
- Growers Ag Service Yuba City, CA
The Environmental Respect Awards, sponsored by DuPont Crop Protection and CropLife® magazine, are the agricultural industry’s highest recognition for environmental stewardship. The awards are given to U.S. agricultural retailers, those who serve farmers and ranchers with the nutrients, pest control and agronomic information and services critical to effective crop production. Each year a panel of industry experts gathers to recognize achievement in environmental stewardship, professional excellence, and community involvement.
“DuPont is pleased to congratulate the winners of the 2014 Environmental Respect Awards and applauds their accomplishment in environmental stewardship,” said Rik Miller, president, DuPont Crop Protection. “These leaders are helping to advance environmental safety as well as the safe use of agricultural products, and we hope they will inspire others who share our passion and commitment to elevate environmental stewardship around the world.”
These businesses were selected by a panel of industry experts and won the award based on excellence in site design, in-plant storage and handling procedures, proper application and leadership in safety and stewardship among customers and employees.
Members of the 2014 selection committee included Raymond Forney, DuPont Crop Protection, Wilmington, Del.; Joe Szafran, DuPont Crop Protection, Wilmington, Del.; Don Clagg, DuPont Crop Protection, Wilmington, Del.; France Rochette, DuPont Crop Protection, Wilmington, Del.; Rachel Lattimore, CropLife America, Washington, D.C.; Yves LeClerc, McCain Foods, Florenceville-Bristol, New Brunswick, Canada; John Oster, Morral Companies, Morral Ohio.; Ples Spradley, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR; Al Strohmaier, CropLife magazine, Willoughby, Ohio; and Paul Schrimpf, CropLife magazine, Willoughby, Ohio.
Each state winner will receive the distinctive Environmental Respect Award personalized crystal sculpture. Winners also receive a press campaign and a public relations kit.
Find more information on the Environmental Respect Awards at http://www.environmentalrespect.com.