24 Mar JOB POST: Delivery Driver III (Class A)
Job Title: Delivery Driver III (Class A)
Reports To: Dispatcher
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Drives a delivery truck including light duty, heavy duty, flat bed or tanker and delivers either packaged or bulk fertilizers, chemicals or any other company commodity to clients by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Delivers merchandise to customers in a timely manner*
- Fills delivery orders by obtaining the required merchandise and completes appropriate paperwork.*
- Verifies accuracy of order including product type and quantity with delivery tickets, invoices and shipping documents and adjusts as necessary.*
- Operates company vehicle in a professional, safe and courteous manner and maintains the inside and outside of vehicle to company standards.*
- Secures all loads properly and adheres to all DOT regulations.*
- Keeps accurate time records.*
- Assists with stocking the shipping and receiving department to include lifting and carrying products and placing them in the appropriate place.*
- Returns credit merchandise with appropriate paperwork and informs management of delivery.*
- Picks up merchandise and invoices from warehouse and vendors.*
- Provides customer with receipt and/or credit form for merchandise to be picked up.*
- Performs a daily pre-trip inspection on vehicle and trailer and reports malfunctions to management.*
- Maintains ability to work evenings, weekends and during declared emergency situations.*
- Performs other related duties at assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and TeleNav time clock system.
One year experience in class vehicle operation; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must maintain current status on Federal DOT Hazmat requirements every three years
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid Class A CDL with Hazmat, tanker, doubles and triples endorsements
- Must have acceptable motor vehicle report
- Must maintain current status on DOT medical certification
- Hand Truck
- Pallet Jack
- Pickup – One Ton Truck
- Tank Truck
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Service
- Time Management