24 Mar JOB POST: Mechanic
Job Title: Mechanic
Reports To: Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Performs general and routine maintenance and repairs on company owned or leased vehicles and/or equipment and, upon supervisor recommendation, on customer and/or employee vehicles or equipment by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs maintenance on all shop equipment such as oiling and lubricating, troubleshooting malfunctions and completing minor/major repairs.*
- Maintains and updates an accurate maintenance/repair log on all machines for reference purposes.*
- Maintains equipment through the use of welding, fabrication and construction.*
- Uses hand tools and related repair equipment to perform minor and major repairs.*
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area at all times.*
- Orders and procures parts/and or outside repairs for services beyond the shop’s qualifications.*
- Performs general safety and regulatory compliance functions.*
- Works evenings or weekends as required during peak seasons or during a declared emergency situation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of TeleNav time clock system.
One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid driver’s license
- Must supply own tools
- Hand tools
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of the mechanical operations of all diesel, gas and electric motors and how to repair and/or service motors and all components
- Knowledge needed to repair and/or service all other company equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Oral Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Time Management